• 2003 Photo Studio/Cutouts, India International Center, New Delhi
• 2002 Cleveland Museum of Art, Cleveland, Ohio
• 2000 Admit One Gallery, New York.
• 1999 Galerie Foundation for Indian Arts, Amsterdam.
• 1998 Gallery at 678, New York
• 1992 Gallery Chemould, Bombay
• 1988 Shridharani Gallery, New Delhi
• 1978 Triveni Gallery, New Delhi
• 1977 Brunswick Public Library, Brunswick, Maine
• 1977 Rotch Visual Collections, MIT, Cambridge
Group shows (selected)
• 2004 Middle Age Spread, National Museum, New Delhi
• 2003 Faces, Sepia International, New York
• 2003 subTerrain, artworks in the cityfold, House of World Cultures,
• 2003 Heat: Moving Picture Visons, Phantasms and Nightmares, Bose
Pacia Modern, New York ( Also curated)
• 2003 Ways of Resisting, Sahmat, Rabindra Bhavan, New Delhi
• 2003 A Celebration of Independence, Jindal Center, New Delhi
• 2002 Home,Street, Shrine, Bazaar, Museum, Manchester Art Gallery
• 2001 Alumni Choice, Yale University School of Art, New Haven
• 2001 Kitsch Kitsch Hota Hai, Presented by Gallery Espace, India
Habitat Centre, New Delhi
• 2001 HOME? Crosscurrents in Contemporary South Asian/American
• Brush Art Gallery, Lowell, Massachusetts, USA
• 2001 Context as Content - Museum as Metaphor,
• The Museum of Fine Arts, Panjab University, Chandigarh, Catalogue
• 2000 Art Folio, Chandigarh
• 2000 Kala Ghoda Festival, Mumbai
• 2000 Serendipity, Japan Foundation, Tokyo,Catalogue
• 1999 Woman/Goddess, British Council, New Delhi,Catalogue
• 1999 Sampling, Ronald Feldman Fine Art, New York
• 1999 Nature Morte, New Delhi
• 1999 Edge of the Century, Max Mueller Bhavan, Delhi, Catalogue
• 1998 A Common Wealth of Art, National Art Gallery of Malaysia,
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia,Catalogue
• 1997 Divine Façades Views of Indian Architecture, Catalogue
(An Impressions Gallery, York, Travelling Show)
Queens Hall, Hexham/ mac, Birmingham/ Angel Row Gallery, Nottingham/ Portfolio
Gallery, Edinburgh/ Impressions Gallery, York/ Pitshanger Manor Museum,
• 1997 Gift for India, SAHMAT, Catalogue
Rabindra Bhavan,New Delhi, Chemould Gallery, Bombay
• 1996 3rd All India Photography Exhibition
All India Fine Arts and Crafts Society, New Delhi and Chandigarh.
• 1995 Postcards for Gandhi. SAHMAT's Exhibition, Catalogue
Vadehra Gallery, Delhi/ Pundole Art Gallery, Bombay/ Gallerie 88, Calcutta/
Contemporary Art Gallery, Ahmedabad/ Sakshi Gallery, Bangalore/ Alliance
Francais, Madras/ Bose-Pacia Gallery, Soho, New York.
•1990 An Economy of Signs: Contemporary Indian Photography. (A Photographers'
Gallery, London, Travelling Show)
The Mead Gallery, Coventry/ Ipswich Museum and Art Gallery/ Viewpoint
Gallery, Salford, Manchester/ Collins Gallery, University of Strathclyde,
Glasgow/ Mappin Art Gallery, Sheffield/ The Photographers' Gallery, London
• 1989 Artists Alert. SAHMAT Rabindra Bhavan, New Delhi -- 1987
Pratibimb: Photography in India. Moscow, Vilnius
• 1977 A+A Gallery, Yale School of Art, New Haven
• 1977 Panopticon Gallery of Photography, Boston
• 1977 Creative Photography Gallery, MIT, Cambridge
-- P.L. DiCorcia, New York City
-- Charles and Diana Michener, New York City
-- Paul Meisel, Newtown, Connecticut
-- Bill Smith, New York City
-- Patwant Singh, New Delhi
-- Sundari Shridharani, New Delhi
-- Rajiv Lal, Hong Kong/New York
-- Feisal Alkazi, New Delhi
-- Anand & Anuradha Mahindra, Bombay
-- Shireen Gandhy, Bombay
-- Nalini Malani, Bombay
-- Raj & Helene Rewal, Paris & New Delhi
-- Satish & Kiran Gujral, New Delhi
-- Arunesh Maiyar, Bangalore
-- Shyamolie Verma, New Delhi
-- Tejbir & Malvika Singh, New Delhi
-- Aruna Ghosh, New Delhi
-- Sunil Gupta, London
-- Salman Haider, London
-- Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts, New Delhi
-- Chidananda Dasgupta, Santiniketan
-- ABN Amro Bank, Amsterdam
-- Vivan Sundaram, New Delhi
-- Arpana Caur, New Delhi
-- Mahesh Chandra, New Delhi
-- Beth Lenahan, New York
-- Ameena Meer, New York
-- Sashi Kumar, Radhika Menon, Madras
-- Navin and Shalu Jindal, New Delhi
Books with photographs by Ram Rahman
• 2005 Tiranga: A Celebration of the National
Flag. Edited by Vijay and Samar Singh Jodha.
• 2004 Middle Age Spread. Edited by Gayatri Sinha, National Museum,
• 2003 India: A National Culture? Photo essay. Edited by Geeti Sen,
Sage publications, New Delhi.
• 2002 Dome Over India: The Rashtrapati Bhavan (Edwin Lutyens' Viceroys
Published by India Book House & The President's Secretariat. Text
by Aman Nath.
• 1998 Legacies for the Future, Contemporary
Architecture in Islamic Societies, The Aga Khan Award for Architecture
Published by Thames and Hudson, London. Edited by Cynthia C. Davidson.
• 1996 Charles Correa, Thames and Hudson, London. Essay by Kenneth
• 1995 AIPA Book 95, Advertising and Industrial Photographers Association,
Addressing Gandhi, Published by Sahmat.
• 1994 Indiamodern, Phaidon, London.
• 1993 Beautiful Homes of India, Architecture + Design, India.
Satish Gujral: In his own words
• 1993 Architecture for a Changing World. The Aga Khan Award for
Published by the Aga Khan Award, Geneva.
• 1993 Raj Rewal, Concept Media, Singapore.
• 1991 The Mytec Directory of Photographers 3, Mytec Process Pvt.
• 1990 An Economy of Signs: Contemporary Indian Photography
Published by Rivers Oram Press, London and Boston.
Edited by Sunil Gupta Essay by Saleem Kidwai, afterword by Ram Rahman.
• 1988 India, Published by the Festival of India in English and
• 1988 The Mytec Directory of Photographers 2, Mytec Process Pvt.
• 1987 Pratibimb: Photography in India, Festival of India, New Delhi.
English and Russian editions.
• 1987 Vistara: The Architecture of India, Festival of India, New
Delhi. English, Russian and Japanese editions.
• 1986 The Architecture of India, Electa Moniteur, Paris and Milan.
English and French editions.